Things You Should Know Before Registering A Domain
The industry of domain names & its registration is huge. As per a study, it was revealed that millions of domain names get registered every year. Whether you own an online website or planning to set up a new one, domain name registration is one of the most vital tasks you should be cautious about. A domain name could either make or break your entire business.
As important is the domain name, its registration is equally vital. If you are looking forward to registering the domain name for your online business, here are a few handy tips for you:
- Look Out for the Hidden Costs: Hidden costs turn out to be the fine imposed by Terms of Service of some registration providers. This is usually in the form of transfer-out fee policy that enables the registration service provider to charge you with some money for transferring the domain of your online business to another company. If you wish to avoid paying any additional fees, you must check out the fine print or Terms of Service of the domain registration service providers that you opt for. It is vital for you to fully understand what amount you will be charged when you are transferring from one domain name to another.
- Ensure the Protection of Your Privacy: When you are registering the domain name for your online business, all the respective details get published in WHOIS –a database that can be accessed publicly. This database would include details like your name, email address, and sometimes even home address. You can ensure the overall protection of your privacy by turning off the WHOIS on the particular domain name of your business. At the same time, it is important to be aware of the registration service providers who might charge you some additional amount for doing so.
- Look Out for Reliability: If the services offered by the domain name registration service providers appear too good, you must be cautious enough. You must be alert from the registrars who tend to offer free domain registration services. Registering a domain name always comes with some real cost. No individual or service provider would be giving away the registration services for free without obtaining anything in return.
- Do Not Lose Your Domain: When you are selecting a particular domain registration service provider, you must make sure that the overall renewal process is simple, transparent, and straightforward. You would not like to come across a registration service only to end up losing your domain name as you forgot to renew the same. Try working with a reliable, professional registrar offering proper notification services such that you never miss out on the deadline or renewal date.
- Make It Simple: While launching your online business, there are so more things to consider than wasting up all your time & energy into domain registration. Therefore, try making the domain registration process as simple as possible.
Ensure the simplest and hassle-free domain registration for yourself – go via ZenHosting!